WE GIVE BECAUSE OF JESUS
Jesus loved us first. His love was demonstrated by his sacrificial death on the cross for our sins. However this act of divine generosity was not merely an example for us to follow. In fact in our sin we are unable to give like Jesus. Thankfully the work of Christ on the cross dismantles the powers of this world. In particular Jesus destroys the grip of greed which wraps our hearts around the things of the world and makes us alive to the things of God. Therefore because of Jesus we give.
- "We love because he first loved us." (1 John 4:19)
- "For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich." (2 Corinthians 8:9)
- "He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him." (Colossians 2:15)
WE GIVE FOR GOD'S GLORY
God is gloried in our giving. In fact the Scriptures teach us that God loves when his people give with joy. After all in our giving we are making a worshipful statement. When we give we are celebrating the reality that money doesn't hold our future but God does. When we give we are believing that money is not our hope, Jesus is. When we give we are demonstrating that we do not ultimately trust the wealth of this world but the treasure of heaven, Jesus Christ. Therefore we give for God's glory.
- "Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." (2 Corinthians 9:7)
- "And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)
Giving by Cash or Check
Make checks payable to Church In The Square. Cash and checks may be placed in the giving box at a gatherings or mail to:
3432 W. Diversey Ave., Suite 293, Chicago, IL 60647.